The first week since launching the Hand Up 4 East Africa project was a fast paced and powerful week. We have received an out pouring of support and encouragement from so many people. We also had some major accomplishments towards our mission of raising awareness and funds for the victims of the drought in East Africa:
- Thanks to all of your support, in less than a week you helped Hand Up 4 East Africa blow past $5,000 in funds raised for the victims of the drought in East Africa
- Again thanks to you, people are finding their way to our Twitter and Facebook page. There they are getting vital information about the affects of the drought, and learning about our walk in solidarity with the victims
- Hand Up 4 East Africa had several photos snapped by http://katkuphotography.com/ (more about this below)
- Hand Up 4 East Africa recorded and almost finished editing an informational video about the challenges in East Africa, the critical need for aid, the walk we will embark on and the hope that can be achieved with your support
- Finally, Hand Up 4 East Africa talked with many supportive Detroit-based establishments (Cass Cafe, Woodbridge Pub, International Institute, MoCAD, Eastern Market and many more), a plethora of uber supportive Detroiters and one news outlet, Patch.com, who featured a story about our walk
You can help! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. There you will find vital information about the challenges in East Africa, updates on our preparation, and reports from our journey across Michigan in solidarity. We walk for East Africa!